Get on board Saltlickers' first state fair cooking contest on Saturday, August 18 at 1:30! It's an amazing way to experience Iowa culinary history and meet the gals and guys who've been working this unique cultural corner for a long time. We're talking bucket list stuff, people. Here are some things you should know...
1) Show up with your dish at drop-off time, and state fair minions will take it away from you. It will go room temp before you see it again, so consider this if you're thinking about making a dish that needs to be heated or can't sit out—like Cream of Saltlickers Soup. You can ask the state fair minions to reheat it, but you'll have little control over how they reheat it. This is why the "Banana Quick Breads" category has hundreds of entrants, and "Hot Mayonnaise Magic" has a lot of empty seats.
2) You can sign up for multiple contests on a single entry fee. So on Saturday, August 18, you can sign up for "Saltlickers Grand Slam" (sponsored by us) AND "Support Your Local Mushroom Farmer," "Tailgating Treats for My Team," and "Candy Chemistry"!!!! I mean WHAT?!?!
3) See you at the craft beer tent afterwards, and clear off a shelf for all those trophies, champion!
1st place - $50 plus a four ounce gift box (3 flavors) of your choice
2nd place - Four ounce gift box (3 flavors) of your choice
3rd place - Two ounce gift box (3 flavors) of your choice
Each entrant will receive a coupon for a free 2 oz jar!
1. Present your best dish made with any Saltlickers spice blend.
2. Proof of purchase is required. Places to purchase Saltlickers products may be found at http://www.salt-lickers.com/find/.
3. Entries will be judged on Taste, Creativity and Presentation.
For info, check out this PDF or email us with questions.