- 1/4 sunflower seeds
- 2 cups (about 1 can) any kind of beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c minced onion
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp wheat germ or rolled oats
- 1 Tsp Roxy Taco (goes great with black beans or black eyed peas) or Cy Salt (goes great with pink or white beans) or Alliyum (goes great with white beans)
- I also like to throw a chopped chipotle in adobo sauce into the black bean burgers.
- Chopped roasted mushrooms (roasted without oil) are great in all of them, too.
Mush everything up—in a food processor or by hand. Form six 1.5" high patties and place on a lightly spray-oiled baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, let cool, reform the patties and bake for another 10 minutes. Serve in a whole wheat pita.
Adapted from Eat to Live.