2oz. Honey syrup* or simple syrup
1.5oz lime juice
6 Ginger slices
Fresh limes for garnish
Iowa Nice Spice for the rim
1. To make honey syrup, heat equal parts water and honey until honey dissolves. This will prevent the honey from sinking to the bottom of the cocktail.
2. In a glass, muddle the ginger slices into the honey or simple syrup. If you do not have a muddler, use a wooden spoon.
3. Fill a shaker with ice, add tequila, lime juice, and muddled ginger mixture. Shake vigorously until cold and combined.
4. Wet the rim of two cocktail glasses with lime. Pour some of the spice mixture into a flat dish. Dip the wet rimmed glasses into the spice mixture.
5. Fill rimmed glasses with ice and pour margaritas over the ice. Garnish with fresh limes and enjoy!