7 ounces extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
1 oz grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour, (Pamela’s…which is Al Roker’s fave brand)
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp Cy Salt
8 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
3-6 tbsp water
**To make Herky Perky crackers substitute 1 tbsp Herky for Cy, and 8 oz smoked cheddar for the white cheddar and parmesan .
1. In a food processor with grater attachment, shred cheese. Remove the cheese and set aside. Switch to blade attachment and process flour, cornstarch, and spice for about 30 seconds.
2. Add butter and process again for 30 seconds. The mixture will look like wet sand.
3. While processor is running, sprinkle in the water until dough forms together.
4. Transfer to counter and divide in halve. Roll into logs and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours, or up to 3 days. Can be frozen.
5. Pre-heat oven to 350. Line sheet pans with silpat. Slice cheese logs 1/4 inch thick. You can roll the dough log in poppy or sesame seeds, fresh chopped herbs, or more Cy Salt or Herky Perky.
4. Bake 22-30 minutes. Cool. Scarf.